15.7.09

0038 - Jemput-Jemput Pisang

It was my first time making Jemput-Jemput Pisang (I'm sorry, but I have no idea what this is called in English) on my own. When I did it with my mum at home, I never cared much for what actually goes into making this, and how much of each ingredients are needed. In fact, when I called my mum to make it 3 weeks ago, she told me,

"I can't tell you exactly how many cups or tbl spoons... You have to do your own agaration."

Very helpful eh? So I went online for a bit of help and there were between 2-5 ways of making it with all sorts of ingredients. Although, flour, bananas and sugar seem to be the only constant ones.

So today, without realising the flour Matt bought couple months ago was actually self-raising flour, I added 1 tsp of baking powder. Even if you're an amateur cook like myself, you don't need baking powder when you hanve self-raising flour. HaHa. But you know what, it turns out alright afterall :)

For all novice/virgin/amateur kitchen individuals like myself, here are my ingredients and how I made it.



Ingredients:
3-4 riped bananas
3/4 cup of sugar
1.5 cup of flour
1 tsp of baking powder (omit this if you are using self-raising flour)
1/2 tsp of vanilla essence (honestly, I wouldn't be too fussed about using this)
cooking oil

Method:
  1. Mash all the bananas really well.
  2. Add in the sugar & mix well.
  3. Add in the baking powder & vanilla essence. Mix well.
  4. Add the flour bit by bit as you mix them up. Make sure the end result, they are neither lumpy nor watery.
  5. Heat the saucepan with oil & bring it to a low medium when it's ready for cooking.
  6. Place 1 tblsp of the mixture slowly into the saucepan.
  7. Repeat till you are finished with the mixture.

Best eaten hot. Enjoy!

No comments: