17.7.09

0039 - Oreo Cheesecake

My first attempt on the Bakeless Oreo Cheesecake is almost a success if it hadn't been toooo creamy. Although, both Matt & Fadli do not have any problems finishing up their slice :) Infact, it was too creamy for me that I had to give mine away to Matt, and of course the wonderful boyfriend willingly finished it for me. That's enough flattery for me. Heh.



There were really lots of recipes available online, including a few that suggests baking in the oven for 22minutes. I was adamant on making this cake without having to use the oven and I succeeded. HaHa.



The original recipe I followed was from Kraft:-
http://www.kraft.com.au/recipes/recipedetail.htm?recipe_id=104153&ctx

But I've altered mine a little bit as I did not have enough cream cheese to begin with. Also, I did not use the block Cream Cheese as suggested but I will try make this cheesecake again with it the next next time. I suspect the reason why my first attempt came out too creamy was because of the combination of the non-block Cream Cheese I paired with the very creamy Sour Cream. But hey, more room for improvement AND as always, improvise ;)

Ingredients
250gm of Oreo Cookies (that's 20 pieces!)
55gm of Melted Butter
250gm of Philadelphia Kraft Cream Cheese (if you're using the block ones, let me know about the outcome!)
1/2cup of Caster Sugar
1cup of Lite Sour Cream
1tsp of Vanilla Essence

1. I crushed the first 12 biscuits really hard, into almost fine pieces. You should use a food processor if you have it.
2. Mix it really well with the melted butter.
3. Spread and press the mixture to the bottom of your baking tray and let it cool in the fridge for 30 minutes.
4. Crush the balance 8 biscuits and put aside.
5. Mix the softened Cream Cheese, Sugar and Vanilla really well before adding the Sour Cream and mix again.
6. Stir in the crushed biscuits.
7. Pour and spread over the refrigerated Oreo base.
8. Cover your baking tray, maybe with a cling wrap and let it refrigerate for about 4-6 hours.

DISCLAIMER
This is not the perfect recipe. Like any other cake recipe, keep trying till you're satisfied with an outcome.

Happy Eating!

:)

4 comments:

Dib said...

Hi Fana! Adibah here. Have been a silent reader of your blog, hope you don't mind.
Anyway, your cheesecake is making me itch to make one too! just to share, i usually use Nestle cream instead of sour cream. And i add melted gelatine to firm up the cake.

Hana said...

to Dib: Heyyyyy yooouuuu! WHYYYY are you ALWAYS a silent reader one arh! LoL! Anyway, THANK YOU for the Nestle tip :) I'll try using it the NEXT round! mmm... mana nak cari gelatine HALAL eh? which brand did you use? And how much is needed?

Dib said...

I shy lah want to comment many many here..hahahaha..
I bought the gelatine from Phoon Huat, and its their house brand certified halal. Doubt you can find it in aussie right? Prolly you can check out for any gelatine which is not animal-based. I mix about 1 table spoon. Looking forward to your other bakes! :)

Hana said...

to Dib: thanks for the tip. really! :) internet connection is not so fantastic at the moment, but the boyfriend should (i'll make sure he does) be updating about his latest 2 cooking experience as well as 1 easy-nak-mampos cake/pudding that he baked once the connection is up & running well. i'm always glad to know SOMEONE is reading! hehe. Thanks again Dib :)
ps: feel free to leave your tips AND suggestionssssss!