1.2.09

0002 - Mushroom Omelette

Not that this is my first time making an Omelette... but this is definitely my first Mushroom. I'd normally make one full of just cheese. Haha. There were Chicken days, Vegetable days, Belacan days... and the list goes on. But we already know there's a Million & One ways to the Omelette yeah? A quick google online, i found 149 Omelette Recipes at MrBreakfast.

Well, here's my half-baked attempt.


So i heat up the pan and slap on as much butter as i can (or want). Nope, i don't like frying eggs with oil. Not even olive oil. Hah. Mum will normally whisk the eggs & ingredients together in a clear bowl but i'd normally just do it all in the pan. So i threw in 2 eggs and on my greedier days, i'd throw more. Again, totally up to you.


I had to slow down the fire while throwing in the ingredients; black pepper first, mushrooms (soaked overnight preferably) and of course, since i've no mozarella cheese, i just used the sliced ones. Again, i'd normally break the sliced cheese into pieces before throwing it in but i decided to just throw the whole square piece and with my spoon, blend it in. HaHaHa. Talk about laziness right? So do you notice the melted butter gargling in the pan...? Damn. It looks so unhealthy, it scares the hell out of me.

Honestly, it takes time & practice to flip the egg to get the effect you see chefs at the restaurant does it. So mine is obviously not perfect.


Not a perfect one like you get in hotels or restaurants... but there you have it, my Mushroom Omelette :)


To see the cheese oozing out of the omelette, i just used a spoon to break bits of it. You'll see it.

Ok actually, i picked up a different way of making Omelette from my aunt before, which involved milk. It should be fresh milk, which i think should be easy when i get to Brisbane. You should try it, if you haven't :)

No comments: