1.2.09

0007 - Soup Hana 1.0

This is another one of my many easy dish that i learn from my mum by just watching her. Of course you food/cook afficionados will be smirking at me for this is actually so easy, even a 12-yr-old can do it. Damn.

I SAY IT AGAIN and this shalln't be the last, Never too late right?

:)


I didn't get a picture but all of you would be familiar with the Knorr Chicken Cube Stocks which you can get from any supermarkets yeah. Hope it's easy to find when i'm out of Singapore too... Heh.

Since i didn't wanna eat rice (coz it's seriously getting boring & of course fattening), i soaked my Mee Hoon in boiling water. That would have been the staple for me today. Normally, you would drain the water after soaking it, just like how you would when you do spaghetti yeah? But, well, i, umm... didn't. Remember, totally up to you! HaHaHa!

I threw in only 1 cube of Knorr when the boiling saucepan seems to have reached it's ultimate peak. And of course, i just added in more water. Quantity of H20 will depend on how many mouths you intend to feed. In my case earlier this afternoon, was only for me. But of couse, i ended up with excess. I think i made enough for 2 or even 3 :-p


Sine there wasn't anything else to my fancy in the fridge, i dug out 2 Potatoes & 1/2 a Carrot from my mum's dry stock. Cut them to your ideal sizes, Soak them a bit, Drain them... and threw it into the boiling saucepan. Seriously, my style of cooking is really the pemalas nak mampos kan? Like my previous entries, i sprinkled some black pepper. Addicted.
Turn up the fire and let it simmer for awhile.


When you feel the carrots & potatoes are "half-baked", you can break eggs into the boiling saucepan. Remember to lower down the fire when you do this. Break them eggs gently, if you want them cooked in perfection ;) Once again, increase the fire when you're done and of course, let it gargle in heat for awhile.


I found some parsley in the fridge. Cool. Slice them thinly and garnish the whole soup when it looks 99% done in that super hot saucepan lah. Voila~!


My lunch today...! I sprinkle a little bit more pepper just because.

Mum came home saying that it's not bad for i cook proper today without her supervision. You know, i'd actually be happier if there's dried onion flakes - that'll be my ultimate garnish :)

No comments: